Friday, September 10, 2010

Five days...

This is the first of what will probably be many posts on this blog. Our son, Hank, leaves for his mission in 5 days. We went through a little bit of his checklist tonight, and right now, the only thing keeping my emotions at bay, is the business part of it. Making sure he has this for his mission, and that, what do we still have left to get? And when is he going to start packing? I got him 5 big 35 gallon plastic bins today so he can pack his room up while he's gone. I hate to have him pack it up...I'd love to leave it just as it is. But that's just unrealistic, and he'd rather his things stay safe and secure anyhow.
Only a few things left on his checklist:

  • He wants a mag flashlight- the real big one!
  • A small mini cassette or digital recorder
  • New tennis shoes
  • 2 belts
  • batteries
  • Delete all songs off IPOD- put mission appropriate music on.
We also need to double check on insurance, when ours is going to expire for him, and when the church will be able to pick him up. Other than that...I think we've got it all!

Countdown is on...Gosh I will miss him!! It's so hard to believe we're actually here. After singing "I hope they call me on a mission" since he was a baby...here it is. Already. Amazing

1 comment: