Monday, October 4, 2010

Letter from a woman I met on Missionary Moms!

I joined Missionary Moms, a sort of connection thing to other moms who have children on missions.  (They also have dads connecting with dads).  Much like Facebook, when you first join, you get tons of emails at first, and then they trickle off.  And then the few that you want to connect with sort of filter through.  This woman I met online a few weeks ago has a son in Brazil, but she lives in Mississippi and works at the Mission Home.  She said she was going to to airport the day Hank flew in, and asked if she could pass a message on to him.  I couldn't think of anything else to say, but that I loved him and was so grateful he was doing this.  If I'd really thought about it, I should have done what a friend of mine suggested, which is to tell her a story about Hank that only we know, and have her tell Hank the story, and have him wonder how in the world he knew the story!  Oh well...

Anyhow, this is part of the email I got from her tonight.
"Hey Lisa, 'I just got in from the mission home.  I met your Elder Jackson.  I told him you said hello and that you love him.  He smiled.  He was tired as were the rest of the missionaries that came in with him.  There were 12 all total.  Half of them were real quiet and the other half were quite talkative.  Elder Jackson was quiet.  I don't know if he quite knew how to take me LOL.  He is great though.  I'm not sure of all the particulars once they are picked up at the airport by President and Sister Tucker.  I think they go to the Brandon, MS Ward for lunch and then I'm not sure what they do for the afternoon, but then they come to the mission home in Jackson, MS for dinner.  They spend the night and then tomorrow they are taken to their first area.  I'm not exactly sure when they meet their companions.  I think it's tomorrow.  'I think once Elder Jackson gets to work, he will do just fine here.  I'm so glad that you got to have a short and sweet conversation with him this morning.  I'm glad I got to meet him and give him your message.  I hope it made his day to know that you had one last message for him today.  
After dinner they went outside and took pictures so be on the lookout for one of them :)  ...

'...The South loves their missionaries and we take very good care of them.  I hope this puts on your mind at ease somewhat. "

 I am so grateful she took the time to write.  Just completely made my day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment