Monday, November 8, 2010

Nov. 8, 2010

Part of the email we got from Hank today, and we also got a letter in the mail today, with his SD card.  I decided to write a little part of his hand-written letter in this post as well.  Not the entire letter, just one paragraph that I thought was neat. 

Part of the E-mail written Nov. 8, 2010:
Hey mom!
"....My Sunday went pretty good, it was a normal testimony meeting, but something happened that I've never seen before.  Right when they said, "the time is now yours" this lady stood up in the congregation and bore her testimony. It's not a big deal but I'm just not used to that. I get why this is called the bible belt now. I'm not even kidding there is literally a church on every street! there is this HUGE first baptist church that i want to get a picture of! this baptist church is about as big as 2-3 of our stake centers put together! I'm not even kidding! By our apartment there are about 4 churches standing right next to each other. There's the Pentecostal church building, then the Baptist church building, then the Methodist church building, then 1 more I forgot what its called. its crazy! And we have like 1 tiny building in west Monroe. the ward roster still needs to be fixed and we slowly are updating it better. but it has a long way to go. Monroe is literally right next to West Monroe. It's divided by the Ouchita river. its like mesa and Tempe. there almost the same city. i sent a letter in the mail with my SD card a few days ago, did you get it yet? I talked about me and Renshaw during the splits. and also i have a ton of pictures. There's another paper in there with numbers and descriptions. they talk a little about each picture i took. and they're in order, so i hope you all understand how to use it, haha.

....The only thing that happened this week is a media referral that we got that went great! there is this couple... they have 3 kids. The oldest is 3 and she is pregnant with her 4th. The husband is not a member but she is. They just moved from Texas. We taught the 1st lesson and it went great! This week were going over again. They're our top investigators right now. That been pretty much it. i know that there are a few more things that i haven't answered yet, sorry. just ask them again and ill answer them haha. well im glad to hear that things are going well back home.... ill let you know what I'm doing as Thanksgiving gets closer. thanks for writing and write back soon! bye!
love hank

Part of the Letter received Nov. 8, 2010 in the mail:
Hey family! What's up?!  Hey, sorry my letters were all short on Monday.  All of my companions were in a hurry so I had to rush.  Sorry I didn't write back Jonna and Jeri!  I'm going to hopefully write you all back on Monday again. 

This week has been cool for the most part.  I went on exchange with Renshaw and we were in Monroe.  We taught 2 lessons that we feel went pretty good.  But then it got all dark and stormy so we decided to go visit members in the far side of Monroe.  None of the members could visit.....

...Dinner went great!  The dad at the appointment (I forgot his name) grew up in Gilbert and his mom went to Westwood!  It was cool talking to someone about that.  After dinner we headed back home, and then the exchange ended the next morning.

...It's going great out here, and I'll write you back on Monday!  Bye! 
Love, Hank

No comments:

Post a Comment