Tuesday, July 3, 2012

(A.J.)- Hosting, Apostles, 2 more weeks in MTC

hey how is it going. It sounds like you guys had a really fun week. I wish I could be there, but I'm not. oh well. Well this past week was crazy. So this past week, i think you already knew, but all of the new mission presidents were here in the mtc for a training thing i guess. And the first presidency and 10 of the apostles were here. Well, we weren't allowed to go into the building where they all were at so we couldn't really go hunting around finding them. But it was cool. So every Tuesday night we have a devotional by a general authority. It is usually a member of the seventy and occasionally an apostle. Well on Tuesday night, L. Tom Perry spoke, but 9 other apostles were in attendance. It was cool. The only two apostles that weren't there were Boyd K. Packer and Robert D. Hales. So ya, it was cool to see all of these apostles. Oh so on wed. I hosted and it was awesome. so since it was a weird week with all of the apostles being here and stuff, the hosting process was a little bit different, and basically to sum it all up, 2 Elders could host a sister for like the first 5 min. So guess who my very first person to host was. Brianna. It was cool. I saw her and I was like, "well, this is cool" so ya, I only got to talk to her for a few min. but she seemed really excited and ready to get going. I haven't gotten a picture with her yet, and i don't know if we'll be able to get a picture in front of the map, but I'll try. i also hosted 2 other elders and I got to show them around the place and show them where their building is, and where all this other stuff is. it was fun. One elder was really cool and ready to go and his parents made it seem like it was no big deal that he was leaving. He told me that he is like the 5th one in the family to leave, so his parents are used to it. Then the Second elder I hosted, his mom was a wreck, I was chuckling inside but I also knew that it really is tough for mom's to say bye to their kids. right? haha. but ya, that elder was the first in the family to leave on a mission so it was really tough for his parents. But ya, hosting was fun. I don't think I'll be doing it again this week but maybe my last week here, I think I will do it again. They basically choose by just randomly picking people. I think If you have been here at least 6 weeks, then you are allowed to host. but ya, it was a cool experience and i can't wait to do it again. ....
 
Well so after wed. On Thursday was just a normal regular day, but I could feel myself getting sick. On Fri. morning, i woke up with the worst sore throat and I was really sick. So i went to the doctor and he gave me medicine and I basically slept in bed from 1 to 5 o'clock. It was nice but also painful. Well the next morning on Sat. I woke up throwing up. It was terrible. So all day on Sat. from 6:30 from when I woke up, to 10:30 when I went back to bed, i was stuck in the residence. It was the most painful thing ever. I had no TV or video games to pass the time away. All I really did was sleep, take showers, and re read some letters. It was the most boring thing ever. Sunday though, I felt a lot better. and right now, I feel great, I still have a bit of a sore throat, but I am getting better. Well, that is basically how my week has been. Sorry if I forgot to say something and I left something out. There are just so many questions and things you guys want to know about, but I always forget to answer all of them.
 
Jonna, so thank you so much for your letters. I forgot to tell you last week, but I love the office quotes, I never ever ever get to use any office quotes. When I read on your letter, "my name is Kaleb Krawdad, i do declare" I just laughed and i told people about it and they were like, "its not that funny" but it is to me. And then about the dentist. "your dentist name is javity, sounds a lot like Cavity" I just cracked up. It was a nice little moment. so when you write me, keep those office quotes coming, and I'll try to send you office quotes too.
 
Hank, Wow, you only have 2 months left, and I only have 22 months left. haha. Keep it up, continue to work hard, and hang in there. I'll be writing you a letter this week, so look for it, of course by the time you get this email it will be next week on Monday. But still. I'm glad you have a companion that you can finally get along with. I love to have companions that i get along with. it makes things so much easier. But you're almost done. finish strong.
 
Jeri, happy 17th birthday. I'm glad you had a good birthday, or at least it sounds like it. I hope you liked my letter. Sorry it was late, but at least you got it. 
 
Addie, How is your summer going, how do you like having my room. it sounds like you are the only one who is trying to find something to do. Let me know how you are doing. and let me know if you are going to do sports next year. oh and you get to go to westwood next year. wow, that is exciting.
 
Carla, How was brave, i want to see it so bad. The first thing i asked one of the elders here who i hosted, I asked him "did you see brave" and he said yes and he told me it was great and that his family loved it. So let me know about your opinion of it.
 
Well that's about all i can think of. I think its time for me to go now. Mom and Dad, I will send you another letter sometime this week. Oh and What is Hank's new address. let me know as soon as possible. Just to let you know, If you write a dear elder before 11:30, I will get it at 5 when I check the mail. So when you get this, write me as soon as possible and let me know what Hank's new mailing address is. ok? thanks. oh, and i just remembered. I can't print out these emails, so if you want, you can print them up yourself and just keep them in a nice safe spot until I get home, then I'll have all the letters. So you can do that if you want. oh and I should be getting my flight plans this week, so I'll let you know exactly when I'm leaving and stuff. And i actually think I'll be leaving on Tuesday the 17th, instead of that Monday. But I don't know for sure yet, I'll let you know though in next weeks email Well, I love you all, stay safe, and continue having a good time. see ya later.
 
Love, A.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment