Saturday, June 18, 2011

Another fun story...

I have been meaning to share this story for quite some time, but am just now taking the time.
In May, the week of transfers, we got the email  from Hank saying he was being transferred to Pass Christian.  I looked it up on the map, and realized it was very close to a girl I knew growing up in Ventura, Shawna.  Facebook is an amazing thing....last year sometime, I reconnected with Shawna, and also her sister K.C. on Facebook...I haven't seen either of them for 25 + years.  When we first reconnected, we wrote back and forth a couple of times, and caught up.  Shawna lives in Mississippi, on her FB she had put Gulfport, which is very near Pass Christian. 

So, fast forward to Hank's transfer.  When he got his transfer, I got on FB and contacted Shawna, and told her about Hank.  (Also, I learned that she is actually in Pass Christian). I said "If you ever see a couple of LDS missionaries walking down the road, will you go up and ask if one of them is my son?"  She said she'd be happy to.  I knew that in a few days would be Mother's Day and we'd get to talk to Hank, so I was going to tell him about Shawna then. 

BUT...the very next day, I got an email from Shawna!  She described how she was walking out her front door, and there stood two LDS missionaries!  She asked which one of them was from Ventura, and she said Hank was amazed!  She said they had a great conversation, and she said some very nice things about Hank.  When Hank called a few days later for Mother's Day, we talked about it, and he explained in more detail about it, and about how nice Shawna was, and how shocked he was when she said she was from Ventura.  It was just a fun moment, and I was so grateful to Shawna for taking the time to visit with him and his companion.  I love how small the world is.

No comments:

Post a Comment