Monday, October 22, 2012

(A.J.) First week as a trainer

Well how is it going. Sounds like life is going good back home still. Well, so as you know I have a new companion, Elder Carl. He loves sports, particularly basketball, and he loves doing extreme things. like he has been scuba diving plenty of times, and bungee jumping and all sorts of crazy stuff, oh and he's really good at skiing. Anyways, that is Elder Carl. So far we get along great. Overall though, we get along good so far. We will see how it goes. So training is different. I was so nervous when I found out I was training, just knowing I am going to have to be in charge of our area now, and I have to set a good example to this new Elder and just a bunch of other stuff was just stressing me out. And even right now, I just feel a ton of pressure and I feel like my burden has tripled since Kur left, but it will get easier. The language is still coming along. I'm still not anywhere near perfect with it, but enough to where I can keep a conversation going and enough to where I can understand parts of what people are saying to me and understand what overall they are saying. So it is still tough, still coming along, but it will get there. Luckily though, I didn't have to translate yesterday, which I was very happy about.
Well nothing big has really happened this past week. It was pretty similar to each and every week. Monday Kur and I had our last Pday together. It was fun, we played basketball with like 18 other missionaries. Then Tuesday, I got my new companion, and showed him around Bumby ward and introduced him to some Haitian members. Wednesday through Sat. was pretty much the same thing, just knocking on doors, tracting, being rejected 90 percent of the time, people yelling at you and asking us ( who you voting for) by the way, that does happen all the time. Getting flipped off and cussed at all the time. Ya, that's about how it is every day. But Sunday was good. so we had church which is the same old same old, but then that night, I was able to meet up with Elder Kur and Gas (because Kur had left some stuff in our place) and so we talked for about 2 hours. haha. ya it was cool, It was nice talking to him again. We hope that sometime in the future we will be companions again, we are thinking that it probably will happen in the last 6 months or so of our mission. So ya, we are definitely hoping for that. Well, I can't think of anything much else to say. I got the tags this past week. those were cool. I still haven't sent the camera card home yet, but I will do it as soon as possible. And I loved the post cards. They were great. Well, I guess its time for me to get off now. I will talk to you guys next week. See ya.
Love, A.J.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment